eduTrac is a college management system / student information system that houses student enrollment, automatic creation of student schedules and faculty schedules, the recording of communication with students, statistical reports, the handling of grades, and a huge host of other features. 7 Media currently offers its college management system product in three editions:
- The eduTrac community edition is free and open source. This is ideal for small colleges who only need a system to house all their student/faculty/staff/course data.
- ERP Cloud Hosting
- For those who are looking for a more advanced system but don’t have the IT support or server resources should consider our cloud hosting solution. Ourversion includes the Human Resources, Student Accounts, and Gradebook modules with a whole host of other advanced features.
- ERP Download
- Similar to theCloud Hosting solution that allows you to install it on your institution’s own server.
There are quite a few student information systems already out there that can accomplish the same tasks. So then, the question boils down to, what makes eduTrac different?
- One, majority of the big name /ERP’s out there are closed source. Not so with eduTrac. It is open source, so that you have the “freedom” to manipulate/change the code.
- Two, most of these proprietary systems need to be customized to fit an institution’s way of doing things. Which means that if core code is modified, upgrading can be a pain and even a nightmare. eduTrac has a RESTful API as well as a Plugin API with action and filter hooks that allows a developer to override functions and add new functions without having to hack the core.
- Three, with eduTrac, institutions can install it on their servers and use their own database, or subscribe to our ERP Cloud hosting option to access much more features than the community version.
- And four, eduTrac comes with an SQL Interface. It is a secure interface to the data stored in the database that will allow users (with proper permissions) to generate ad-hoc reports on the fly. This is unique because they won’t be using some sort of query builder but instead, the user will retrieve exactly what he or she needs because of the relational data, and the user will become proficient with SQL syntax (training is available).
And this is the eduTrac difference!